Silver Dragon's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Topics #5

Go down

Wheel of Topics #5 Empty Wheel of Topics #5

Post by Flege2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:49 pm

The last time I wrote about Nephilim, it was a short and not very instructive WoT. It was mainly because I didn't any good information. Now that I have found more info, I will share them with you.

The Nephilim are an hybrid species between "Daughters of Men"(AKA human women) and "Sons of God". The Nephilim where described as very tall, very strong, almost human creatures that often have extra fingers and toes. In hebrew legend, they all shared a deep hatred for Yahweh(God for christians). They lived on the world before the deluge and some of them somehow survived it. In some apocryphal book(book of biblical origin but rejected by the european church), Goliath is said to be among the last remnant of the Nephilim, wich explain why he was so tall and strong.

The big problem(yet maybe not as big as the Nephilim) in this legend is who or what were the "Sons of God". The jew believe that they are the fallen angels, those who followed Lucifer in his rebellion against Yahweh and were punished. But the Vatican(thus almost all christianity) reject this possibility, saying that the names are mixed up. For them the "Sons of God" are the believers, scion of Seth(the second brother of Cain and Abel) and the "Daughter of men" are the non-believers, scion of Cain. How can this lead to giant? It is not explained. Now that they have lost some of their mystery, I shall tell goodnight(or good morning if you read it in the morning)

Grim the pirate Wheel of Topics #5 Yellowskullxbones
Flege2
Flege2
Dragon Chow
Dragon Chow

Male Posts : 51

https://www.facebook.com/flege2

Back to top Go down