Silver Dragon's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invention test file 582-A~D

Go down

Invention test file 582-A~D Empty Invention test file 582-A~D

Post by Grimlock13 Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 am

Most spaceship are modular, and each additional module(weapons, shield, generator, engine, etc.) must be installed and secure with heavy duty bolts and nuts. Most of the time, they are tighten with special power tools, but in some situation they must be tighten manualy because other tools can't go there. The problem with this method is that the assembly may not be thight enough, and when you are in a fight it can break loose, possibly crippling your ship. To remedy to this problem I made this,,,

*Grimlock show a heavily modified wrench resting on the table to the camera*

This is the inertia enhanced wrench or the IEW... I'm better find another name because it sound very weird. Well, nevermind. This wrench possess an inertia generator that work like the basic one found on any ship. The basic inertia generator onboard of the ships first reduce the inertia of the object(the ship) to reduce the energy needed to move it, then increase it to keep the object(still the ship) from slowing down too much. I've heard that some more powerfull unit exist, but they are extremely rare. Now that the basics have been shown, it's time to try it...

*Grimlock try to lift the tool, but it wont bugde. No matter how much he tries, the wrench won't move. Then Grimlcok approche the camera while swearing before it turn dark. New image appear, showing Grimlock with the tool.*

An error in the first configuration turn the wrench into an immovable object. Now that the problem is gone I'll make the first try...

*As he swing the tool, it slip from his hand and hit the ground. The metal plate forming the ground start to bend and twist, following the movement the tool is trying to maintain. A few spark fly as the generator break and tool stop pushing the ground. Grimlock look the hole in the ground with the face of a man that have just seen the impossible and still don't believe it.*

...Whoa...

*The video cut to another scene. This time the tool is on a huge bolt looking completely rusted*

This is the kind of thing that make even the power tools strain themselves. It normaly take a lot of energy to move this, but with the power of this baby, it will be very easy...

*With a simple push on the wrench's handle, the tool start to move. The bolt emit a long screech as it move from its rusted position. As Grimlock take his hand away from the tool, it follow its move, wich leave him worried. For some unknown reason, the tool start to spin faster and faster on the axis of the bolt. Seeing this, Grimlock make a few step backward, before turning tail and running for cover. The bolt break, launching the wrench right in the camera's lens. The image instantly go black and another replaces it a few second later. Grimlock is in front of another bolt, his newly modified tool in hand.*

This time should be perfect. I've added many securities and an activation device on it. If I don't hold the wrench, the generator won't activate. Time to try it, again...

*He make a few move with it, but it stay in his hand. He then use it on the bolt and it move without any problem. Finaly he take his hand away from the wrench and it stop moving.*

Yes, it work, and right in time, because I'm going to need it to repair all the damage it has done...
Grimlock13
Grimlock13
Dragon Chow
Dragon Chow

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down